About the Blog



This blog is published in the interest of Design + my personal experiences as I embark on the next stage of my career as a Furniture Design Intern at Paul Brooks Design.
Paul Brooks Design is a well established design consultancy ideally placed in the centre of Europe, just on the border of France & Germany. I intend to post as often as my time permits and will do my best to keep all information interesting; avoiding posts of the "I just had a cup of tea" nature like the plague.

I hope undergrads and like minded people find the information posted useful and inspiring. Please feel free to email me about anything Design + related.



Saturday 17 September 2011

Advice not Gospel (SHU)

Ok, lets give this blogging thing a go.
When addressing Sheffield Hallam undergrads directly I will feature (SHU) in the title, when posting about my experience in Germany I will feature (+) and when posting generally about Design I’ll feature (Design). This should help you (SHU) lot when you’re hung-over and you can’t really be bothered to read. 


This stuff may be useful to 1st & 2nd year undergrads, although some of it I would have found useful in my final year. It aims to aid undergrads’ progression through University and ultimately assist them in creating an attractive graduate folio for employers.
If I was to give advice to my undergrad self I’d have lots to say, namely:
Go out once a week as opposed to every night and save some cash to spend on the basics: a few good books, design journal subscriptions, sketching & drafting materials, a decent PC or Mac and quality portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment