About the Blog



This blog is published in the interest of Design + my personal experiences as I embark on the next stage of my career as a Furniture Design Intern at Paul Brooks Design.
Paul Brooks Design is a well established design consultancy ideally placed in the centre of Europe, just on the border of France & Germany. I intend to post as often as my time permits and will do my best to keep all information interesting; avoiding posts of the "I just had a cup of tea" nature like the plague.

I hope undergrads and like minded people find the information posted useful and inspiring. Please feel free to email me about anything Design + related.



Saturday 17 September 2011

What are we going to do tonight Brain? The same thing we do every night Pinky; Try to take over the World (Wide Web). (SHU)

Just like a Pinky and the Brain sketch, trying to get your work off your desk and in an employer’s face can be difficult.



Use the internet to upload your work, get great feedback and check out loads of interesting blogs, online mags, competitions, events and design consultants online. 

  • Roger is your man on all things WEB 2.0.
  • I often visit these for inspiration: 
3rings 
Core 77
Design milk
Notcot
Designboom
Design spotter 
TED
Treehugger
Product design Forums
Yanko Design
NOTCOT.org
Cool hunting
The cool hunter
Juxtapoz
Design Sponge 

  • To host your Folio:
coroflot
carbonmade.com

  • Some of these sites have created awesome online communities of designers and artists alike. Most people are happy to give you feedback and may one day become a valuable contact.
  • When dreaming of a better lifestyle:

No comments:

Post a Comment