About the Blog



This blog is published in the interest of Design + my personal experiences as I embark on the next stage of my career as a Furniture Design Intern at Paul Brooks Design.
Paul Brooks Design is a well established design consultancy ideally placed in the centre of Europe, just on the border of France & Germany. I intend to post as often as my time permits and will do my best to keep all information interesting; avoiding posts of the "I just had a cup of tea" nature like the plague.

I hope undergrads and like minded people find the information posted useful and inspiring. Please feel free to email me about anything Design + related.



Saturday 17 September 2011

A decent MAC or PC (SHU)

Having my own reasonably powerful PC was integral to me, it allowed me to work on industry standard software like Solidworks and Adobe CS at my own leisure. Working with these programs to a point where your work has a professional standard takes ages and it is so much easier when you can dip into it at any point. 
If you are clever but have trouble spelling you may be able to swing a laptop or desktop for free through the dyslexia support scheme. You should also be able to get hold of student editions of most software for free too, just ask John or Marylyn - I’m sure they would be happy to chase something up.  
I chose a MAC; awesome for stuff like Adobe CS and looks beautiful but in hindsight a powerful PC would have been cheaper (if you’re paying) and work’s much better with CAD packages. 

No comments:

Post a Comment