About the Blog



This blog is published in the interest of Design + my personal experiences as I embark on the next stage of my career as a Furniture Design Intern at Paul Brooks Design.
Paul Brooks Design is a well established design consultancy ideally placed in the centre of Europe, just on the border of France & Germany. I intend to post as often as my time permits and will do my best to keep all information interesting; avoiding posts of the "I just had a cup of tea" nature like the plague.

I hope undergrads and like minded people find the information posted useful and inspiring. Please feel free to email me about anything Design + related.



Saturday 17 September 2011

Sketching and drafting materials (SHU)

Being organized is integral as a designer, you don’t want to be the one always nagging for a pencil. This stuff is expensive and if you’re like me and just invested in a new set of COPIC markers, you’re not going to want them abused. 
I’ve used:
  • COPIC & PROMARKER Markers : awesome for a quick render.
  • MUJI gel fine liners : For a nice smooth line.
  • MUJI gel fat liner : Good for power lining. 
  • Retractable pencil : keeps your work neat and light, good if you’re heavy handed like me.
  • Strong steel ruler : draws straight lines. 
  • Decent scale ruler : essential.
  • French Curve : Curvy
  • STAEDTLER Rubber : keep it clean
  • Sharp Craft knife : useful when warning people OFF your s**t!
  • Spray Mount : sticky
  • A nice crisp DALER ROWNEY A3 marker pad

There are loads of different ways to do things and lots of supplies you can invest in, look after them and they will serve you well for a long time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment