About the Blog



This blog is published in the interest of Design + my personal experiences as I embark on the next stage of my career as a Furniture Design Intern at Paul Brooks Design.
Paul Brooks Design is a well established design consultancy ideally placed in the centre of Europe, just on the border of France & Germany. I intend to post as often as my time permits and will do my best to keep all information interesting; avoiding posts of the "I just had a cup of tea" nature like the plague.

I hope undergrads and like minded people find the information posted useful and inspiring. Please feel free to email me about anything Design + related.



Saturday 17 September 2011

Keep it tight, get it printed and buy a quality portfolio (SHU)

Now you’ve got 'all the gear and no idea' you can get yourself a sweet looking portfolio, this should give you the confidence to waltz around the studio and hopefully into an interview situation with your head held high.
No employers are going to want to look at anything stuck together with sticky back plastic and pritt stick. The design industry is incredibly competitive and presentation is the first thing you will be judged on. 


My advice is to make sure you have loads of spare cash towards the end of deadlines, especially in your final year. 
Getting your work printed on decent grade paper and having it professionally bound may be expensive but you’re going to be holding on to this stuff for the rest of your life and it may be the thing that gets your work looked at.
Here are a few Links you may find useful when working towards an attractive Portfolio.



No comments:

Post a Comment